Halo: The Master Chief Collection Error 0xc0000142
When you want to launch Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you may get an error 0xc0000142. If your game doesn’t start like that, I suggest you try the following.
You may encounter the same error in other games or programs. You can also use these methods for them.
How to Fix Error 0xc0000142 in Halo: The Master Chief Collection
This error can occur because of a lack of Microsoft Visual C ++ or because of corrupt files. You should download the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++. The “All in One Runtimes Download” tool works for you to easily install Microsoft Visual C ++. You can also find C ++ installations in the Windows control panel and try to repair them.
You can avoid this error by making a change to the registry editor.
- Press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- Type regedit and press Enter key.
- On Registry Editor, navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- Select Windows folder
- On right side, double click on LoadAppInit_DLLs
- Now, you should check the value data. If it is 1, change it to 0.
- Click OK and exit the Registry Editor.